CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Taking the Plunge

I've decided to enroll in an arts college here for Photography. I had my "admissions" meeting today and was "accepted", by accepted I mean they asked if I was serious, I said yes, they said, ok, you are accepted. I go back on Wednesday to do the fun financial stuff. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get zip. *sigh* It's a total of about $28K for the whole degree which is about $27,995 more than what I've got. Oh well.

I'm nervous. What if I'm complete crap. What if all these young kids with artsy ideas and angsty POV's look at me and say WTH is that crazy woman doing here? She takes pics of her kids and thinks she's an "artist". BORING! I don't know if I'm ready for the criticism that will come with this.

I'm excited. They took me into the darkroom today which I thought was really cool. Just being in there with it's overpowering chemical smells and quiet vibe, I felt at home. I felt like this could be something I could do to relax. "Me time" to reflect and "uncover" my creations. I could get used to that.

I'm nervous. What if the other kids don't like me? For heavens sake, my "camera bag" is a diaper bag. I can see me now walking into a studio class where we are photographing nudes with my diaper bag camera bag. Good lord, what if I break something in there. I'm SO leery of using things that don't belong to me. No matter how careful I am, that's always when something goes horribly wrong and everything goes down the shitter.

I'm excited. I'm getting out!!!! WOOT! I felt like Carrie freaking Bradshaw walking downtown today. I had on my favorite black NY&Co pants with the black and white shirt and shoes my mom brought back for me from Paris. I even got a compliment on those shoes. I think I'll wear them every day despite the fact that they are uncomfortable as all hell. I had that outfit, my fake Dolche and Gabbana sunglasses; I was rockin' it. Well, except that I kept walking in circles b/c I was lost as shit. But that's not unusual for me- and I'll get used to it the longer I am down there! I'll get to feel like a big city kind of girl for a few hours a day, then return to the comfort of my suburban home.
That's sweet.

0 comments: