CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Homocidal Minivan Driver

So, I love Halloween. Like LOVE Halloween. It's my most favoritest holiday. So naturally, I have already begun shopping for said holiday. Big and Little already have their costumes (Big is a gladiator and Little is a lion- it's even cuter than you are imagining) and I am shopping for decorations. I decide to go to Garden Ridge as I have exhausted all the craft stores in my own area. The only Garden Ridge is a 30-40 min drive from where I live. So I pack Little up, very excited at the prospect of getting some good finds. I drive all the way up there, pull into the parking lot. Get Little out and walk all the way up to the door and pull a cart out when an employee comes up to me and says "We're not open". Ok, it's Thursday right? "Yeah, we don't open until tomorrow" What? What the crap!? "Yes, tomorrow is the big day!"- says the employee, thrilled with himself that he knows what random day of the week the damn place opens.. Now I'm mad that I finally made it up there (I had been planning on going for weeks) only to have it be the DAY before they mysteriously reopen (this place has been there for about the past five years). WTF- and can I just say that is my luck- the day before....sombitches...

So in a homicidal rage that stems from me coming down off female hormones, I get Little back in the van, slamming the doors to show the other cars how mad I am. Then get in and floor the Caravan so that it peels out of the parking lot in a jumpy sort of way that minivans do only to realize that it is one of those trick parking lots with exits that aren't really exits at all, forcing me to drive around in a circle with all the workers of said establishment staring at the insane person in the minivan.

Now, I still want to go to the stupid store (nothing stands between me and a bargain), but I insist on taking my husband car so that any employees that might be milling around in the parking lot when we pull up, won't recognise my completely generic minivan as the one that showed them that they can't just "close" whenever they feel like it unless they want someone to put a hurtin' on their parking lot....

0 comments: